Aug 21, 2012

settling?

so.
my first day of college.
i am not going to lie and say i'm having the greatest time of my entire life and i'm so glad that i'm here alone. because truthfully, those are not my emotions at the moment. i'm trying this thing where i am completely honest on here. so there ya go.

but also i think i might survive this. probably. life is about balance and about adapting to things that are thrown at you. and the only way to grow, is to change.

also.
my roommate barely speaks any english. she is straight from china and it's her first time in america. and i'm like WHAT? i can barely move 20 minutes away from my home without sobbing like a baby for hours on end.
it makes me feel like maybe my thoughts have been a little selfish lately.

a few facts:

i'm 95 percent sure that the vitamin water the university sent me in my welcome bag is the only thing that has kept me living.

maybe they should invest in university of utah segways to lug around the shamelessly out of shape freshmen like *cough* myself  *cough*

i will never understand people who wear top hats in public.  :/

lastly, IFEELLIKEABABYSTUCKINANADULTSLIFE.

but sometime, somehow, i'll grow into this.


BYE.



3 comments:

Kelsie said...

Ohhh my goodness, just reading that and I had flashbacks of my first day of college. I was about 3,000 miles away on my own and I went to bed at 7 that night because I was so sad/homesick/lonely, you name it! I promise you (seriously, PROMISE you!) that you are going to look back and be so grateful for it. You don't grown unless you're pushed out of your comfort zone - life would be awfully boring if you never did! Hang in there! I promise you it gets better!

michelle elaine said...

oh thank you so much! you have no idea how comforting it is to know that i'm not the only one who has ever felt like this.

KB said...

Eat some real food. AND GIVE YVONNE A PRESENT (SERIOUS FACE FROM DAD) lol.